less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
Hairy Bikers recipes
From Saturday Kitchen
For the cod
- 1 red pepper, cut into 3cm/1in chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 3cm/1in chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut into 2cm/1in slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 x 150g/5½oz thick, skinless cod fillets
- 4 slices of Parma ham or any other sliced prosciutto
- 10g dry white breadcrumbs
- 10g finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the wilted spinach
- 50g/1¾oz unsalted butter
- 50g/1¾oz baby spinach leaves
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Put the peppers, courgettes and onion on a large baking tray and drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss everything together until the vegetables are lightly coated. Roast for 20 minutes until softened and lightly charred.
Pat dry the fish on kitchen paper and check for any bones. Remove any that you see with tweezers. Season the fish with black pepper and wrap each fillet loosely with a slice of ham.
Remove the tray and make gaps for the fish. Place the fish on the tray. Mix the breadcrumbs with the Parmesan and parsley and scatter over the fish and vegetables.
Bake for another 12–15 minutes or until the fish is cooked, the ham has crisped and the breadcrumbs are lightly browned.
Meanwhile, to cook the spinach, heat a medium sauté pan and add the butter. Once melted add the spinach and cook for a minute or so until wilted.
Serve the cod hot, drizzled with a little balsamic vinegar, on a bed of wilted spinach.