less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
Makes 6-12 cookies
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bakers
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g/3½oz soft dark brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 200g/7oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g/3½oz dried sour cherries, soaked in water
- 2 tbsp cherry brandy
- 40g/1½oz flaked almonds
- 75g/2½oz roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 100g/3½oz white chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 100g/3½oz dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Place the butter and the caster sugar into a bowl and beat together until light and creamy. Add the sunflower oil and brown sugar and fold through to combine. Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
Add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well to form a dough. Fold in the drained cherries, brandy, almonds, hazelnuts and the white and dark chocolate pieces. .
On a floured work surface, carefully roll out the dough to 1cm/½in thick. Using the cookie cutter of your choice, cut out 8–16 cookies (depending on the size of the cutter).
Place the cookies onto a greased baking tray (not too close together as they will spread). Place into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the trays for 8–10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.