less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
By Mary Berry
From Saturday Kitchen
For the ragu and spinach sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450g/1lb pork sausage meat
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 fat cloves garlic, crushed
- 150g/5oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 200ml/7fl oz carton full-fat cr`me frâiche
- 100g/4oz baby spinach, roughly chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the tomato and thyme sauce
- 1 x 400g/1lb can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
For the lasagne
- 6 sheets, about 75g/3oz quick-cook white lasagne or fresh lasagne
- 50g/2oz strong cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
For the ragu and spinach sauce, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the sausage meat and brown over a high heat until golden, breaking up the meat with two wooden spoons.
Add chilli, garlic and mushrooms and fry for a few minutes. Stir in the créme frâiche and spinach.
Bring to the boil for a couple of minutes, season well and set aside.
For the tomato sauce, measure all the ingredients into a jug and season well.
Divide the ragu sauce into thirds and spoon one third into the base of an oven-proof dish.
Spoon one third of the tomato sauce on top and arrange half the pasta sheets over it. Repeat using two more layers of ragu and tomato sauce and one of pasta.
Sprinkle over the grated cheese.
Place in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until golden brown, bubbling around the edges and the pasta is tender.