less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
Antony Worrall Thompson adapts Mary Berry’s recipe.
ByAntony Worrall Thompson
From Saturday Kitchen
- 2 level tbsp cornflour
- 1 x 500g/17oz tub Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 75g/3oz fresh parmesan cheese (or another hard cheese), grated
- lemon, for juicing (optional)
- Measure the cornflour into a bowl.
- Blend in a little yoghurt, stir in the eggs and whisk with a hand whisk until smooth.
- Mix in the remaining yoghurt and the mustard.
- If using with a moussaka (or another oven-baked dish) the yoghurt sauce is now ready to be spread on top of the aubergines, sprinkled with cheese and cooked in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes. This will thicken the yoghurt and cheese sauce.
- For a hot pouring sauce (for fish), whisk four tablespoons of yoghurt with one tablespoon of the cornflour and the mustard until smooth.
- Blend in the remaining yoghurt.
- Bring to the boil and stir constantly, until thickened and smooth.
- While stirring, add the cheese, two egg yolks (not the whites), and season with salt and pepper.
- At this point a squeeze of lemon juice can be added if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper and pour directly onto the already cooked fish.