less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
By Michel Roux
From Saturday Kitchen Best Bites
For the sausages and salsa
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 300g/10½oz fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into ½cm/¼in dice
- ½ red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek (Indonesian chili sauce)
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- salt, to taste
For the rocket salad with lemon vinaigrette
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches rocket
- For the sausages and salsa, preheat the oven to 180C/375F/Gas 5.
- Place the pork sausages in a baking tray and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place a frying pan onto a medium heat and add the sugar. As soon as the sugar starts to melt and is nearly caramelised, add the diced pineapple.
- Cook the pineapple, stirring every minute for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly caramelised.
- Tip the pineapple into a medium bowl and add the chilli, sambal oelek, lime juice and coriander. Mix together and add salt, to taste.
- To serve, whisk together the lemon and olive oil in a small bowl and tip the rocket into a salad bowl. Dress the salad with the lemon and olive oil and serve it with the sausages and the salsa.