less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
Stewed nectarines, pears and apple covered with a delicious toasted oat and nut topping. Far too good for the compost heap!
- 2 pears
- 1 apple
- 2 nectarines
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 banana, roughly chopped into discs
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
For the crumble topping
- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 100g/3½oz butter
- 60g/2¼oz rolled oats
- 1 large handful pumpkin seeds
- 30g/1oz flaked almonds
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp demerara sugar
- cream or custard
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Chop the pears, apple and nectarines and place in a pan over a low heat with the lemon juice. Warm through for 10 minutes.
- For the crumble topping, in a bowl, rub together the flour and butter with your hands until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the remaining dry ingredients and the demarara sugar. Set aside.
- Take a small roasting tin. Layer the warm fruit on the bottom, along with the chopped banana. Sprinkle with the golden caster sugar.
- Top with the crumble mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the topping is golden-brown. Serve immediately with cream or custard.
The nectarines and pears are a lovely combination but you can substitute them for any fruit you have to hand.
If your fruit is underripe, you may need to add a little extra sugar.