less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
This throw-together salad is packed with delicious summer ingredients and given a flavour kick with lamb dripping.
By Tom Kerridge
From Tom Kerridge’s Best Ever Dishes
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, leaves washed and separated
- ½ bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked, stalks chopped
- bunch fresh mint, leaves only
- 100g/3½oz pitted black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeds removed, diced
- ½ green chilli, seeds removed, sliced
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed, sliced
- 100g/3½oz feta, crumbled
- 100g/3½oz leftover lamb dripping, warmed (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 4 courgettes, cut diagonally into 0.5cm/1/4in slices
- sea salt
- 25ml/1fl oz sherry vinegar
- Mix the lettuce leaves, coriander leaves and stalks, mint, olives, pepper, chillies and feta together in a large bowl. Arrange the mixture on a large serving platter.
- Heat a little lamb fat (or olive oil) in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Fry the courgette slices in batches until golden-brown on each side (about 1-2 minutes on each side). Sprinkle a little sea salt over each batch.
- Add the cooked courgette slices to the salad platter.
- Drizzle the sherry vinegar and the warmed lamb dripping over the salad, then serve.