less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
Classic, chewy and good for your soul, Lorraine Pascale’s flapjacks are simple to make and hard to beat!
- 175g/6oz butter
- 175g/6oz golden syrup
- 175g/6oz muscovado sugar
- 350g/12oz porridge oats
- ½ lemon, finely grated zest
- pinch ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2 and line a 20cm/8in square baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat. Dip a brush in the butter and brush the baking tin with a little bit of it. Add the golden syrup and sugar to the butter and heat gently. Once the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats, lemon zest and ginger.
- Pack the mixture into the baking tin and squash down. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, leave to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out on to a chopping board and cut into squares.
- These flapjacks are delicious in a packed lunch or as a grab-and-go breakfast.
You can also pour some melted dark chocolate over the cooked flapjacks and then leave them to set before eating.