less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
Makes 8 tarts
So there’s a smidgeon of butter on (and in) the pastry, but otherwise these fruity little minxes are a rare guilt-free treat and if you get a wriggle on they can be made in under an hour. Impeccable.
Equipment and preparation: You will need a 12-hole muffin tin or cupcake tin.
- 80g/3oz butter, melted and cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 270g/10oz shop-bought filo pastry
- 4 tbsp apricot jam
- 500g/1lb 2oz low-fat (or no-fat) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds only (or alternatively 2 drops of vanilla extract)
- small bunch black seedless grapes, halved
- bunch redcurrants
- 1 dragon fruit, peeled and cubed
- 2 large figs, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 with the middle shelf ready. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin or cupcake tin well.
- Cut the filo pastry into squares that are big enough to fit into the muffin holes and hang over the sides a little. Brush each piece of filo with lots of melted butter to stop it from burning in the oven, then push a filo square into eight of the holes and top with another filo square, you will need to layer up 3–4 pieces.
- Place the filo cases into the oven for five minutes or so, giving them time to crisp up. Once they look golden-brown and crispy, remove them from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes or so. Remove them from the muffin tray and place them on serving dishes. I always tend to break at least one when I take them out!
- Put the jam in a small pan and heat gently until warm.
- Mix the Greek yoghurt, honey and vanilla together in a bowl, then place a good dollop into each pastry case. Divide the fruit among the tartlets, piling it up high. Brush with the warm apricot jam to make a shiny glaze and serve.
You can make all the component parts of this recipe ahead of time and assemble the tarts at the last minute. You can also decorate with a sprig of fresh mint, or get creative with some raspberry jam thinned and mixed with some water. Drizzle it on the plate for a touch of old-school food glamour.