less than 30 mins
less than 10 mins
This easy mousse is inspired by the après-ski pairing of rich chocolate and bright green chartreuse liqueur. Everyone will be asking what’s in it!
By Michel Roux Jr.
From Good Food Friday with Michel Roux Jr and Olly Smith
- 1 large free-range egg (preferably organic)
- 150g/5½oz dark chocolate, melted
- 2-3 tbsp chartreuse
- 250ml/9fl oz double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Put the egg into a bowl and set the bowl over a pan of simmering water (do not let the bottom of the bowl touch the water). Whisk continuously over the gentle heat until it thickens. Fold into the melted chocolate.
- Stir in the chartreuse until thoroughly combined. Allow to cool slightly.
- Fold in the whipped cream until it is thoroughly mixed and no white streaks remain. Pour into serving glasses and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.