less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
- 100g/3½oz pancetta
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 10 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 x 400g/14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 250ml/9fl oz fish stock
- 1 red onion, left whole, peeled and trimmed
- ½ fresh green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- pinch saffron
- ½ tsp sugar
- 500g/1lb 2oz dried spaghetti
- 600g/1lb 5oz mixed cooked brown and white crab meat
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- knob of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fry the pancetta in a large lidded saucepan over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the olive oil and garlic and cook gently for 2 minutes. Add the fresh tomatoes, tinned tomatoes and fish stock and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the whole onion, chilli, saffron and sugar and simmer gently for 10 minutes with the lid on.
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions.
Stir the crab meat into the tomato sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the parsley and capers and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the whole onion and discard.
Drain the spaghetti and add to the tomato sauce along with a knob of butter. Stir well to coat the spaghetti with the sauce, transfer to platter and serve.