less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
By Nancy Davis
From The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best
- 2 slices white bread
- 1kg/2lb 4oz beef mince
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 free-range egg
- 2 tbsp brown sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 70g/2½oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Place the bread in a food processor and pulse to make breadcrumbs.
Mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and forms a ball.
Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place in an ovenproof dish or loaf tin. Bake in the oven for 50–60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.