no cooking required
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bikers: Mums Know Best
- 500ml/17½fl oz double cream
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp stem ginger (from a jar), chopped
- 1 tbsp stem ginger sugar syrup, (from a jar of stem ginger)
- 150g/5oz ready-made meringues, roughly broken up
- ½ tsp groundnut oil, for greasing
- grated dark chocolate or hot chocolate sauce (optional)
Whisk the cream in a bowl until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed.
Gently fold the brandy, caster sugar, chopped ginger and ginger syrup into the whipped cream until it is evenly distributed throughout the cream. Fold in the chunks of meringue.
Lightly grease a 570ml/1 pint pudding basin with the groundnut oil and spoon in the snow queen mixture. Cover the basin with aluminium foil and then with cling film. Chill in the freezer for at least eight hours.
To serve, dip the sides of the pudding basin into hot water to loosen the frozen snow queen mixture, then turn it out onto a serving plate. Place into the fridge for 15 minutes to soften before serving. Serve with a grating of dark chocolate or a hot chocolate sauce.