Lincolnshire Poacher cheese adds a nutty flavour to this indulgent broccoli gratin topped with brioche croutons.
- 100g/3½oz unsalted butter
- 50g/1¾oz plain flour
- 450ml/16fl oz full-fat milk
- 1 tsp English mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g/7oz cheddar, grated
- ½ loaf brioche, sliced into 1cm/½in cubes
- 400g/14oz purple sprouting broccoli
- 150g/5½oz Lincolnshire Poacher cheese, grated (or a similar vegetarian cheese)
- 50g/1¾oz mixed salad leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place a pan over a low to medium heat and add half the butter. Once melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring, for two minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring all the time, until you have a smooth sauce. Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cheddar, then whisk until smooth.
- In a large pan of boiling water, cook the broccoli for 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in a frying pan and add the brioche. Fry for two minutes, or until golden-brown.
- In a heatproof serving dish, layer the broccoli, cheese sauce and brioche. Sprinkle over the Lincolnshire Poacher cheese and place under the hot grill.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar and lemon juice together, then pour over the salad leaves.
- Serve warm with the salad on the side.