- matt tebbutt recipes
- Buccatini with sardines and anchovies
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 150g/5½oz buccatini or spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- pinch fennel seeds
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 150g/5½oz sardine fillets
- 30ml/1fl oz dry white wine
- 3 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 100g/3½oz fresh breadcrumbs, toasted
Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the buccatini. Cook according to the packet instructions, or until al dente.
Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, fennel and fennel seeds and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add the anchovies and mash with the back of spoon.
Add the sardines and pour in the wine. Allow to bubble until reduced, cover and cook for a few minutes, until the sardines are cooked through.
Drain the pasta and add to the sardines with the sultanas and pine nuts. Stir well, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and serve.
You may also like...