less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 leek, diced
- handful fresh peas
- handful sugar-snap peas
- 100g/4oz salted black beans
- 3 sprigs tarragon
- 500ml/18floz chicken stock
- 300g/10½oz fresh tuna, cut into roughly 1cm/½in chunks
- 2 limes, juice only
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
- handful pea shoots
Heat the sesame and one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a deep saucepan. Sweat the garlic, ginger, and leek, until soft.
Add the peas, sugar-snap peas, beans, tarragon, and stock and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the tuna and cook on all sides, until browned. Add to the broth.
To serve, spoon the broth into two bowls and garnish with the spring onions, chilli and pea shoots.