less than 10 mins
By Matt Tebbutt
From Saturday Kitchen
For the roasted scallops
- 150g/5oz girolle mushrooms, brushed clean
- 100ml/4fl oz malt vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fresh corn cob, kernels only
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 6 fat king scallops
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the seaweed butter
- 125g/4½oz soft unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp dried seaweed (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
To make the seaweed butter, place the ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
To make the roasted scallops, place 100ml/3½ fl oz water with the vinegar into a saucepan over a high heat and boil until reduced by half. Remove from the heat, add the mushrooms and leave for 1 hour. Discard the liquid when ready to serve.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the corn kernels and spring onion until soft. Add 2 tablespoons of the seaweed butter and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Heat a dry pan until scorching hot. Add 2 tablespoons of oil and cook the scallops on one side until golden brown.
To serve, spoon the sweetcorn into a dish, scatter over the pickled mushrooms and top with the scallops.