less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
Warm up any occasion with a little mulled cider. Brilliant to make for after a chilly weekend walk.
By Olly Smith
From Good Food Friday with Michel Roux Jr and Olly Smith
- 200ml fresh apple juice
- 1 heaped tbsp muscovado sugar
- half an orange studded with 3-4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500ml cider
- 50ml orange liqueur
- 1 lemon and ginger herbal tea bag
- Put the apple juice and sugar into a pan and stir. Warm together until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cinnamon stick and the half orange studded with cloves. Add the cider and orange liqueur and warm gently
- Put in the lemon and ginger teabag and leave to infuse for 2 minutes and then remove. Warm, do not boil, for 10 min so that all flavours infuse. Serve warm. If pre-preparing, remove spices and fruit and keep warm.
Replace the cider with more apple juice and leave out the orange liqueur for a family-friendly treat.