less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
For the roasted pear
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 pears, such as Comice or Williams, halved and cored
- 85g/3oz walnuts, roughly chopped
- 200g/7oz blue cheese, such as Stilton, Roquefort or Dorset blue vinny, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced and blanched
- freshly ground black pepper
For the chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 100g/3½oz dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Heat the butter and sugar in a frying pan. Place the pear halves, cut-side down, in the pan and fry for 2–3 minutes, or until slightly carmelised. Remove from the pan, turn the pears over and fill the centres with the walnuts, cheese and celery. Sprinkle with the pepper and roast for 10 minutes.
For the chocolate sauce, put the golden syrup and cacao powder in a saucepan with 90–100ml/3–3½fl oz water, and bring the mixture to the boil, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and stir in the dark chocolate until you have a dark silky sauce.
Place the pears on two warmed plates, pour over the chocolate sauce and serve immediately.