- michel roux recipes
- Steamed lobster with coriander pesto and roasted chickpeas
less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
- 1 cooked lobster
- 200g/7oz cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 100ml/3½fl oz vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 bunches fresh coriander
- ½ bunch fresh mint
- 12 blanched almonds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ¼ broccoli, broken into florets
- ¼ hispi cabbage, leaves separated
- 1 pak choi, leaves separated
- small bunch chard
- ¼ romanesco, broken into florets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Cut the lobster in half and remove the flesh. Crack the claws to remove the meat. Slice all the flesh.
Put half the chickpeas and half the lemon juice in a blender and add enough stock and oil to blend to a smooth paste with a mayonnaise-like texture.
Put the remaining chickpeas on a roasting tray, drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes.
Half-fill the lobster shell with the chickpea purée, place the sliced lobster meat on top and drizzle with oil. Cook in a steamer for 5 minutes, until hot through.
Blend the coriander, mint, almonds and garlic with the remaining lemon juice and oil plus some seasoning to make a pesto.
Blanch the broccoli, cabbage, pak choi, chard and romanesco in a large pan of boiling water for 4–5 minutes, or until just cooked, and remove using a slotted spoon.
Serve the steamed lobster with the vegetables and scatter the pesto and roasted chickpeas over the top.