over 2 hours
30 mins to 1 hour
This tasty tray bake is super easy – all the flavour comes from the delectable honey and mustard marinade.
By Tom Kerridge
From Tom Kerridge’s Best Ever Dishes
For the marinade
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, grated
- 3-4 tsp cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
For the lemon pepper chicken
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed, each breast scored three or four times using a sharp knife
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 700g/1½lb baby new potatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, to serve
- For the marinade, mix together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- For the lemon pepper chicken, rub some of the marinade into the scored chicken, then place the chicken breasts in a bowl and pour over the remaining marinade. Cover the bowl with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 10 minutes and up to two hours.
- When the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Arrange the rosemary sprigs and lemon slices in the bottom of a roasting tray. Tip the potatoes into the roasting tray, then place the marinated chicken breasts on top of the potatoes. Give the chicken a final coating of marinade and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until the potatoes and the chicken are cooked (the chicken is cooked through when the juices run clear when pierced in the thickest part with a skewer).
- Cover the roasting tray with aluminium foil and set the chicken aside to rest for 10-15 minutes. Just before serving, scatter over the chopped parsley.