less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
Hairy Bikers recipes
From Hairy Bikers Everyday Gourmets
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 small red onion, peeled, finely sliced
- 1 small aubergine, trimmed, diced into 2cm/¾in cubes
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 150g/5oz okra
- 150g/5oz cauliflower florets
- 75g/3oz frozen peas
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 50g/2oz dried coconut, grated
- ½ vegetable stock cube, dissolved in 200ml/7fl oz water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large lidded saucepan over a medium heat. Add the red onion, aubergine and garam masala and fry until starting to brown, about 8-10 minutes.
Dry fry the cumin and coriander seeds in a small frying pan until fragrant, then add to the onion mixture and stir well.
Add the remaining ingredients, stirring well to combine, then cover the pan with a lid.
Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower florets are tender. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper.