less than 30 mins
30 mins to 1 hour
Hairy Bikers recipes
From The Hairy Bikers' Comfort Food
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 4-6 meaty pork sausages
- 500g/1lb 2oz pumpkin or squash, cut into wedges
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- few sprigs thyme, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50ml/2fl oz red wine
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 200g/7oz chestnut mushrooms, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7.
Arrange the chicken thighs (skin-side up), sausages, pumpkin (or squash) and onions in a roasting tin and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the thyme and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
Mix the red wine with 100ml/3½fl oz water and pour this in. Roast for 30 minutes. Turn the sausages over halfway through cooking to help them brown.
Mix the maple syrup with the red wine vinegar and then drizzle it over the contents of the roasting tin. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes, if using. Add the mushrooms to the tin and drizzle with another tablespoon of olive oil.
Roast for a further 25-30 minutes, or until everything is cooked through and well browned. Serve with any pan juices spooned over.