Try this spicy Thai-style risotto for a light supper.
- 600ml/20fl oz fish stock
- 600ml/20fl oz chicken stock, or water
- 175g/6oz butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 350g/12oz arborio rice
- 100ml/3½fl oz Muscat wine
- 500g/1lb 2oz white crabmeat
- 1 lime, juice only
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 115g/4oz parmesan, freshly grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 50ml/2fl oz double cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander cress
- Place the fish and chicken stock into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a deep frying pan and add the garlic, shallots, lemongrass, chillies and lime leaves and fry for one minute.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the rice, then the wine.
- Add a ladleful of the stock to the rice and stir until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time until all the stock has been absorbed. This should take 13-15 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the crab, lime juice and chopped coriander.
- Stir in the parmesan, mascarpone and double cream.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, spoon onto warmed plates and serve with extra parmesan and coriander cress.