- matt tebbutt recipes
- Lobster rolls with avocado butter and fresh mango chutney
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
By Matt Tebbutt
From Saturday Kitchen
For the lobster
- 1 cooked lobster, shell removed, tail cut into chunks and claws left whole
- 50g/1¾oz plain flour
- 50g/1¾oz ground polenta
- pinch hot smoked paprika
- knob of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the avocado butter
- 1 avocado, peeled, stone removed, roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- pinch ground cumin
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the fresh mango chutney
- 1 ripe mango, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- splash mirin
- splash light soy sauce
- splash sesame oil
- 2 brioche rolls, halved
- Sriracha chilli sauce
To make the avocado butter, put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend to a smooth purée.
To make the mango chutney, put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
Preheat a deep-fat fryer to 180C. (CAUTION: hot oil can be dangerous. Do not leave unattended.)
Mix the flour, polenta and paprika together in a shallow bowl. Dust the tail meat in the mixture and shake off any excess. Deep-fry for 2–3 minutes, until golden.
Meanwhile, heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the claws for 2–3 minutes, or until golden.
To serve, toast the brioche rolls and spread with the avocado butter. Stuff the rolls with the crispy tail and claw meat and the mango chutney. Finish with a squeeze of Sriracha.
You may also like...