less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
- 75g/2½oz salted butter
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 200g/7oz Parmesan, grated
- 70g/2½oz Mrs Temple’s Alpine cheese or Gruyère, grated
- 200ml/7fl oz double cream
- 350ml/12fl oz chicken stock
- salt and white pepper
For the garnish
- pickled asparagus, cut into small pieces
- wild garlic leaves (optional)
- crispy fried shallots
- rocket cress
- selection edible flowers (optional)
Melt the butter in a saucepan and sweat the shallots on a low heat for a few minutes, without allowing them to colour.
Add the two cheeses and stir continuously, until melted.
Add the double cream and stock and gently bring to the boil while stirring.
Pour into a blender and blitz until smooth. Pass through a sieve and check for seasoning.
To serve, pour the soup into warmed bowls, scatter with the asparagus, shallots, wild garlic, rocket cress and edible flowers, if using, and serve.