10 to 30 mins
For the potato cakes
- 100g/3½oz broccoli
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 30g/1oz cheddar, grated
- 20g/¾oz labneh
- 500g/1lb 2oz cooled mashed floury potato (do not add butter or milk)
- 90g/3¼oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the lemon and garlic chicken thighs
- 4 chicken thighs, bones removed, skin left on
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- handful finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50g/1¾oz sorrel, finely chopped
- 150ml/5fl oz rapeseed oil
For the sorrel salad cream
- 50ml/2fl oz rapeseed oil
- 30g/1oz fresh sorrel
- 2 free-range eggs, hard-boiled, yolks only
- 2 tbsp English mustard
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 150ml/5fl oz double cream
- 100ml/4fl oz olive oil
- 400g/14oz Tenderstem broccoli
To make the potato cakes, blitz the broccoli into tiny pieces in a food processor. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan and cook the broccoli, garlic and spring onions, until soft. Stir in both the cheeses and set aside.
Combine the potato and the flour to make a dough. Shape a piece of the dough into a patty about the size of your palm. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the broccoli mixture into the middle and pull up the sides of the dough to make a ball. Flatten and repeat with the rest of the dough. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
Dust the potato cakes in flour. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the potato cakes for 4–5 minutes each side, until golden.
To make the chicken, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Coat the chicken with the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Heat a griddle pan to a medium heat and cook the chicken, skin side down to start, until crisp and golden. This should take about 6 minutes on each side.
To make the salad cream, blend all the ingredients in a food processor, until smooth.
Put the broccoli on the end of the griddle pan with the chicken on and cook for 2–3 minutes.
To serve, place the potato cake onto a serving plate and top with the chicken thighs. Serve the salad cream and broccoli alongside.