- saturday kitchen recipe
- Lemon sole with chicken butter sauce
less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
For the lemon sole
- 2 x whole lemon sole, heads, tail and fins removed
- 2 tbsp light rapeseed oil, plus extra for drizzling
- sea salt
For the chicken butter sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g/5½oz baby leeks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 100ml/3½fl oz good quality chicken stock
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 250g/9oz unsalted butter, chilled and diced
- squeeze lemon juice
- 1 small bunch of chervil, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
Drizzle the fish with the oil, season with the salt and place on a baking tray. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes, or until just cooked through. Leave to rest.
To make the sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and lightly sweat the leeks for 5 minutes. Add the wine, chicken stock and cream and cook until reduced by half.
Slowly add in the butter, whisking until the sauce is thick and glossy. Stir in the lemon juice and chervil.
Drizzle the fish with the rapeseed oil and serve with the chicken butter sauce.