30 mins to 1 hour
10 to 30 mins
- 450g/1lb sea bass fillets (or any firm white-fleshed fish), cut into large pieces
- 3 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
For the marinade
- 2 tsp ginger juice
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornflour
For the lemon sauce
- 2 tsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tbsp chicken stock
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 lemon slices
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp cornflour mixed with ½ tsp water
For the noodles
- 225g/8 oz dried thin noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
For the sesame sauce
- 4 tbsp sesame paste or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 225ml/8 fl oz chicken stock
- ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground white pepper
For the marinade, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and add the fish. Spoon the marinade over the fish and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan until hot and add the fish. Pan-fry until lightly brown and cooked through. Using a fish slice, transfer to kitchen towels to drain.
For the lemon sauce, reheat the wok and add the oil. When hot, add the garlic and
fry for 30 seconds. Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer.
Meanwhile, for the noodles, bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the noodles for 2 minutes, or until they are just soft. Drain and toss immediately with the sesame oil.
For the sesame sauce, mix all of the ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Season with the pepper. Stir the sauce into the noodles.
Serve the noodles on four warmed plates and top with the fish. Pour over the lemon sauce and serve immediately.