- saturday kitchen recipe
- Salmon, avocado and rocket salad
For the sesame green beans
- 175g/6oz sesame seeds, toasted
- 3½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 450g/1lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
For the salad
- 250g/9oz cooked fresh salmon fillets, skins removed and thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, skin and stone removed, thinly sliced
- 120g/4½oz rocket
- handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
To make the sesame paste for the green beans, finely grind 6 tablespoons sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar and transfer to small food processor. Add the remaining sesame seeds, soy sauce and sugar and process to a paste.
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 4 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Transfer the beans to iced water to refresh. Drain, dry and set aside.
Whisk together the vinegar, spring onions and ginger with the sesame paste. Add the green beans and toss together.
To make the wasabi dressing, put all the ingredients in a small, lidded jar and shake until combined. Taste for seasoning.
To serve, arrange the salmon and avocado on a serving platter and drizzle with the wasabi dressing. Scatter over the rocket leaves and coriander and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the sesame green beans.