less than 30 mins
10 to 30 mins
For the steak Florentine
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x T-bone steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 baby artichokes, chokes removed and sliced
- 1 baby fennel, core removed and sliced
- ½ radicchio, leaves separated
- handful fresh rocket leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the steaks, heat a large griddle pan until hot. Rub the oil into the steaks, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3–4 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the steaks and your preference. Leave the steaks to rest for 5 minutes.
For the salad, add the lemon juice to 250ml/9fl oz water and soak the artichoke slices.
Place the artichokes, fennel, radicchio and rocket into a large salad bowl.
Mix together the oil and vinegar in a small bowl.
Season the steaks with sea salt and pepper again and slice. Dress the salad and serve alongside the steak slices.